Tuesday 11 October 2011

Big Birthday outing

Sunday was my birthday and we celebrated with a trip to the zoo. DD had a wonderful time peering and pointing. She hasn't been to the zoo since she started walking and it was lovely to watch her toddling around.
She particularly taken with the lemurs as you can see in the photo above.
Me and DD watching some huge birds. I think they were nesting because they were being quite aggressive towards anyone walking past. I think DD was very glad of the fence between us and them.
I just love this shot OH snapped of DD running along the path with her builder's bum hanging out.
OH and DD were both equally fascinated with the penguins swimming past the little viewing windows. I could have left them watching for the day and gone off on my own and they'd never have noticed.
All in all it was a fantastic day out, and when we visited my parents afterwards we were treated to a lovely meal out in a local Pub. DD slept through the whole thing after her adventures so we had a really nice grown up family meal.
The whole day was utterly perfect.
x x x x

1 comment:

  1. "Builder's bum" is called "plumber's butt" in Montana. I think I like yours better.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.