Friday 27 June 2014

An Unexpected Visitor



 I was stirring my Spring Vetch seed pods this evening, when I spotted this little fella clinging to a pod..
I've had a quick google on "how to care for your caterpillar" and found a few tips on looking after him.
 I'm hoping to keep him safe and happy with us over the weekend so we can use him for some Home school projects on life cycles, nature, caring for animals etc.


So here is his new luxury accommodation. Having found him on the Spring Vetch pods I have added some freshly cut sprigs.  So he has a snack hopefully, I'm not sure if the need a water source or they get it from the leaves? I also haven't ID'd  him yet, so that will be my next job.
 If you recognise him though please leave me a comment so I can research him some more.
I'll keep you up to date on his progress.

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.