Sunday 18 September 2016

Squeezing the laundry pennies


I noticed a few months back that we were purchasing washing powder more often than usual. A box just wasn't lasting as long as it used to. 
I started a tally chart on the lid of the next box and was shocked to find we were 15 loads short of the 52 washes! 
The culprit turned out to be the scoop. We used to use a small jam jar but for one reason or another it had been swapped with a larger one. 
I've replaced the jar with a small pringles tub carefully marked with a fill line.
Hopefully we'll soon be back on track and I can get our laundry back on budget. I'm keeping a simply tally chart inside of the lid to keep track.

X X X

2 comments:

  1. I found a Winnie the Pooh coffee cup at a charity shop. It's just that bit smaller than a standard scoop and it makes me smile every time I use it. The powder bleach has an Eyeore mug. Almost makes laundry fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cut down on my washing liquid, I'm sure you only need a little its the manufacturers that want you to use large amounts, I buy fairy liquid for washing up and divide it up into 3 bottles then top up with water, it works really well and means I get three bottles for the price of 1.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.