Wednesday 15 November 2017

Festive finds.


I found the most beautiful copy of A Christmas Carol today. It was in one of the local charity shops on a little shelf full of Christmas themed items. 
It looked quite dull with a plain red hardback cover but I liked the old fashioned text on the spine and picked it up to have a peek. 


The pages inside took my breath away! 
I fell instantly in love. With apprehension I turned to the back cover to see the price expecting to see something astronomical on the label. £1.50! 
I scurried to the till as fast my legs could carry me and snuggled it deep in my backpack to get it safely home. 
I'm looking forward to reading it with the children and introducing them to the world of Charles Dickens.  

X x X 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely book! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic find for a world-over loved book!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.